Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Women, Help Your Heart!

I'm sharing this information with you because, Heart Disease runs in my family. My precious grandfather died of it, and it played a role in my great-aunt (his sister) death. Furthermore, my Mom is showing signs of heart disease. So I take this personally and hoping to help others regarding heart disease.

According to The National Coalition for Women With Heart Disease, Heart disease is the leading killer of women in the USA. 1 out of every 4 women will die because of it each year. Furthermore, heart attacks, alone, will claim the lives of more than 250,000 women-6 times more than will died of breast cancer (Wow!).

Heart Disease is a big threat to women's health but you can lower your risk if you are smart about your heart. Women we need to wake up and start taking care of our bodies! Know the heart attack warning signs, which are:

*Chest discomfort, pain, squeezing, burning or mild to severe pressure in the center of your chest that lasts more than a few minutes or comes and goes.

*Upper body discomfort in one or both arms, back, neck, jaw, or stomach.

*Shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort.

*Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting, nausea and vomiting, cold sweats.

*Feelings of anxiety, fatigue, or weakness-unexplained or on exertion.

Take Action if you are having several heart attack warning signs:

*Call 911 within 5 minutes of the start of symptoms. Tell the operator you think you are having a heart attack. Even if your symptoms stop completely in less than 5 minutes, call your doctor.

I will have more information on my blog regarding heart disease. Please feel free to share your story or share your thoughts.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this very interesting and informative post. I didn't know that it's the leading killer of women today. I suggest that even at a young age, women should already know how to take care of themselves and not abuse their body. I really appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete