Thursday, October 28, 2010

10 Ways To Use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly has been a part of my family for years while growing up. Vaseline had it's own place in my family's medicine cabinet. I'm sure there are hundreds of ways to use Vaseline.

Here are 10 great ways in which you can use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly:


1. Lip Moisturizer. I use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to moisturized my chapped lips, especially in the Winter time.

2.
Skin Moisturizer. I use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as a form of skin moisturizer. When I'm out of body moisturizer or lotion, I reached for the petroleum jelly.

3. Diaper Rash Ointment. My mom used Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the baby's bottom to help soothe his skin and/or help prevent a diaper rash.

4.
Hair Oil. While growing up, there was a lot of times in which my sisters and I used Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to oil our scalp.

5.
Lubricant For A Rectal Thermometer. When checking a newborn or infant body temperature, I put Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on one end of thermometer prior to applying it in the baby's rectal.

6.
Lubricant To Remove Rings. During my pregnancies, I had to apply Vaseline Petroleum Jelly around my finger to remove my wedding bands/rings.

7.
Makeup Remover. You can use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to remove makeup from your face without irritating the skin.

8.
Rub Under Nose. Apply a small amount of Vaseline under the children's nose to keep the nostrils from drying out and to soothe their (cold and/or sore) noses when they come from outdoors.

9.
Apply It on Your Cuticles. Apply a small amount of Vaseline on your cuticles a few times a day for better looking & soft cuticles.

10.
Apply On Eyebrows. Apply a small amount of Vaseline on your eyebrows, daily, to keep them in place and also make them soft.

Do you have any creative uses for Vaseline Petroleum Jelly? Or, can you think of ways that your Parents and/or Grandparents might have used Vaseline Petroleum Jelly? Let me know in the comment section below.



"I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Vaseline blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here."

No comments:

Post a Comment