Why Get Involved? The Startling Facts
- Each day in the U.S., 3 women die as a result of domestic violence. (1)
- More than 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. (2)
- Nearly 3 out of 4 Americans know someone who is or has been a victim.
- Only 54 percent of Americans have talked to a friend about domestic violence, and only 56 percent would know what to do to help a victim of domestic violence. (3)
Please join the Tell a Gal Pal movement on Facebook to help raise money to support domestic violence survivors.
- For each person who “likes” the Click To Empower! Facebook page, The Allstate Foundation will donate $1 to the National Network to End Domestic Violence (up to $20,000). Click here to go to the Facebook page.
- The Allstate Foundation will donate another $1 if you take the pledge to Tell a Gal Pal about domestic violence. As part of the pledge, your photo will be added to the “Faces of Support” gallery to show survivors that they aren’t facing domestic violence alone.
- Help them reach their goal of raising $20,000. Tell a Gal Pal to join the movement on Facebook.
Finally, please visit ClickToEmpower.org for easy ways start the conversation, check out resources for survivors or read inspirational survivor stories.
I wrote this blog post while participating in The Allstate Foundation’s Tell a Gal Pal blogging program with TwitterMoms, making me eligible to get an interview with Cheryl Burke. For more information on how you can participate, click here.