On this site, you can also read the empowering stories from the 2010 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors, five incredible individuals whose courage in the face of breast cancer serves as a source of inspiration:
- Ebony Steele - This three-year survivor serves as a National Ambassador for ´s® Circle of Promise, an effort focused on fostering breast cancer awareness, support, empowerment and action among African American women.
- Eli Arroyo-Allen - A two-year survivor, Eli is the founder of the Loving Life/Amando La Vida program supporting Latina women with breast cancer.
- Ginger Johnson - A mother and four-year survivor, Ginger is the director of Happy Chemo!, whose mission is to bring happiness to those dealing with the negative effects of chemotherapy and cancer.
- Libby Pomroy - Libby is a two-time, 15-year survivor and a General Mills employee.
- Nicole Vazquez - This three-year survivor is a Komen breast cancer activist in the Latino community.
General Mills will donate $1 (up to $20,000) to Komen for each submitted, encouraging comment posted, or virtual flower of support sent on PinkTogether.com, and for each shared message of hope posted on Pink Together´s Facebook fan page during the month of October (up to $5,000). This $25,000 is in addition to the $2 million donation General Mills has committed to Komen to advance and support education and community outreach projects.
I received a "Connecting for a Cure" gift pack and I love the items that was included! Now one (1) of my readers will have the opportunity to win one,also! Help support the breast cancer survivors!
Giveaway: One (1) of my readers will received a "Connecting for a Cure" gift pack that includes a car magnet and key chain, travel mug, and drawstring backpack, along with coupons for free packages of one Big G cereal, Green Giant® Frozen Veggies, Macaroni Grill® Dinner Kits, Fiber One® Bars and Progresso® Soup.
Main Entry: Follow blog, publicly and comment on what actions have you taken or do you plan to take on PinkTogether.com (i.e. share a story, post an encouraging comment, send a virtual flower of support)?
Please leave an email address in your comment in order for me to contact you if you're a winner. If their is no contact information available, I'll choose another winner.
1. Become a Pink Together Subscriber on YouTube. (2 entries/Leave username)
2. "Like" Pink Together on Facebook. (2 entries)
3. Follow Naddez on Twitter & Tweet the following (3x/day; use direct url):
Win A "Connecting for a Cure" Gift Pack! http://bit.ly/aJ6D7e #myblogspark @Naddez
4. "Like" me on Facebook. (2 entries)
5. Subscribe via email or feed, Add my button to your sidebar, Follow Networked Blogs, etc.. (use buttons on the right sidebar or below-3 entries each)
6. Link this giveaway to any linky. (5 entries/leave location)
7. Non-Bloggers. Please email 5 friends and let them know about this giveaway. Please cc: me @ sam94son05(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. (10 entries)
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. This giveaway will close on November 7, 2010 at 11:59 pm, EST. Residents of the US only.
Disclosure: General Mills provided me with information and giveaway through MyBlogSpark.