Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Five Most Helpful Tips For Holiday Tech Shopping:
1. Price-Match: Gather your sale ads and compare the information about the product in each sale ad. (i.e. size, features, colors, etc..). Search for the retailers "Price-Matching" policy, usually on the last page of their ad. To keep your business, some retailers would honor their competitor's ads.
2. Do Your Homework: Know exactly what you want and need in a gadget or a product (i.e. brand, model, etc.) and get an ideal price of the product. Some of the retailers are known to inflate prices. You need to know the difference between a "bargain price" & an inflated or listed price. Therefore, doing your homework can save you money as well as time.
3. Read Online Customers' Reviews: Before purchasing that big ticket item, read the reviews from previously customers (who already purchased the product). The online customers' reviews play a key role in influencing the (potential) customer's buying decision. Personally, reading the online customers' reviews has made a big impact on mine and my husband's buying decision on a specific product. I look for the customer's review tab, when I'm reviewing a product.
4. Use Coupons: Save money by using coupons that the retailers are offering shoppers. You can find coupons, coupon codes and holiday gift certificate codes on Facebook, Twitter, in your email inbox, in your Sunday's newspaper and in the stores.
5. Buy An Extended Warranty: If you're purchasing a big ticket item, purchase an extended warranty. Read the terms on the warranty and consider the length and coverage of any extended warranties. Please keep your receipts just in case you might have to return the product.
We might as well face the fact that technology has found its way to the top of our wish lists as well as our children wish lists. From Netbooks to iPhones & iPads and everything in between, technology has become a staple in our world. Following the above tips can help you make the most out of your tech purchases.
"I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Walgreens Family & Friends Event - Wednesday, December 1st- One day only! You'd get 15% off of eligible store items and 20% Walgreens and @ Brand products. If you're not close to a computer, you can text the word "HOLIDAY" to 21525* to get the family and friends coupon on your cellphone & other exclusive offers.
*message & data rates may apply*
eShakti has given me another Holiday Coupon code to share with you all. Save up to $25 each time you shop with eShakti until December 15, 2010! Gift Certificate code WRNBHJ
You can buy from Jewelry, Accessories to Women clothing, Coats & Jackets and much more! :) Are you shopping for someone who loves fashions? this would definitely be the website to shop for them.
Note: Enter the gift voucher code during checkout.
**only 1 opportunity to print this page.
Blue Sky Scrubs sells nursing uniforms, custom made scrubs, men medical scrubs and a lot more! You can place your order directly on their website, Blue Sky Scrubs.com. They offer free shipping on all orders that's $155 or more (excluding tax) and provide you with shipping information.
Blue Sky also carry beautiful Earrings and Lanyards Collections, Men & Women Medical Scrub Hats, Lab Coats, Children Scrubs, Soft Shell Jackets, and Hospital Uniforms. Their scrubs come in different colors and they're fashionable and cute. If you have a relative or friend in the Medical field, these scrubs would be a great holiday gift for them!
Monday, November 29, 2010
10 Tips For Stylish Layering Techniques For All Occasions:
1. Invest in basic neutral colors- Neutral colors includes: black, brown, white, and gray. You can wear one of the neutral color shirt as the underlayer shirt to build upon the layer.
2. Body Type- You must see what works for your individual body types. Try on different looks/styles to see what suits you best.
3. Leggings- Leggings are so hot now! I have seen people wearing leggings with long shirts(knee-hi length), oversize sweaters. You can even buy legging jeans now!
4. Buy tank tops & stretchy shirts- Buy smooth and/or ribbed shirts to go with almost any outfit.
5. Mix & Match the Items In Your Wardrobe- Layering allow you to mix & match the clothing that's in your closet. Update your last season clothing by mixing & matching.
6. Buy Cardigans- Invest in cardigans of different lengths and textures. Cardigans could be worn all year round.
7. Sweaters & Turtlenecks- I know a lot of us do not wear turtlenecks, including myself. My teen told me that turtlenecks are "so obsolete." Add a sweater dress over a pair of skinny jeans with a sleeveless cardigan for an easy fit.
8. Invest in a high quality leather or trench coat- You can wear a trench coat all year round and leather 3/4 of the year. Each coat can easily go over jeans, dress pants, skirts, dresses, etc.. for a quick style.
9. Add a Vest- Put on a vest over your shirt or turtleneck and then add a blazer (over the vest) with a pair of jeans or dress pants/skirt.
10. Visit the Fashion Website- Go to the various websites to gather ideas about how to make your layering look stylish and cute.
As you can see, there are so many ways in creating stylish layering techniques without going "broke." Do you have any tips for stylish layering techniques for all Occasions?
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Cuddl Duds blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
10 Tips For Weaving The Hottest Runway Trends Into Your Day-To-Day Look:
1. Pictures from Fashion Magazines- Click pictures from your favorite fashion magazines and integrate that picture(s) fashions into your day-to-day look.
2. Jewelry- Wearing jewelry can bring out your outfit or even make a statement by itself. You can find reasonably priced jewelry at JCPenney or Sears, especially if it's on sale or clearance.
3. Hair Styles- I would cut out a picture, of a hairstyle that I really want to try, from a fashion magazine and it with me to show my hairstylist. She would mimic that specific hair-do and charge me a lot less! Don't be afraid to try new color or hair-do.
4. Fashion Videos & Web-casts- Watch fashion videos on YouTube as well as other websites for unique ideas and tips that can help you in your day-to-day life. Save money on purchasing magazines and utilize the online services for great ideas.
5. Mix & Match Colors- Black, white, and gray are dominate colors. Add neutral colors such as plum, red, brown, orange, etc... for a splash of color.
6. Perfect Manicure & Pedicure- You can get that perfect manicure & pedicure just like the celebrity model has for less money. If you're wearing a beautiful outfit make sure your fingernails and toenails are clean and up to par.
7. Shop At Thrift Stores- You can find beautiful vintage jewelry, the latest trends including boots, clothing, and coats, at your local thrift store. You can also find great fashion deals at garage sales, too.
8. Become a Trendsetter- Be creative and think of fashion ideas that are different but not outdated. Be the first in your neighborhood to wear an outfit that was created by you!
9. Scarves, Scarves, Scarves- There are fashion scarves for every occasion. Find a color & a pattern that would blend in with your skin tone. A gorgeous scarf would definitely bring out your outfit or even your outwear!
10. Teens- You would be surprise how much teens know about fashions. They're making an impact into the fashion industry. At times, I would ask my teen for advise about an fashion idea or question.
Don't never try a fashion trend if you're not comfortable with it because it will show all in your face. Be yourself! Do you want to add a tip about weaving the hottest runway trends into your day-to-day looks?
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kenmore blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
On the way to our destination, my teens listened to their music or watch a movie on their portable dvd player. My husband and I would converse back and forth about the weather, the current location we're traveling through, or life in general. We also decided to count the states did we traveled through. We counted 7 states altogether! Amazing!!
After my family arrived to Grenada, MS. We unpacked, visited other family members, who was already there and then we rested up for a while. Once we rested, my sisters and I went shopping while my husband and teens, along with other family members, went to the pool to swim.
Here's the list of activities that we participated in at the family reunion:
Friday night- We had a baseball game and picnic at the park. We really enjoyed ourselves!
Saturday- We had a fish fry and more shopping
Sunday- Our family reunion grand finale!!!During the Sunday dinner at the park, to our amazement, one of my cousin's flew his helicopter over the park where we was at and landed in the ball field next to us. Most of us walked over to where my cousin landed and took pictures. We never had this happen before in the 60 years of the family reunion.
After the fun-filled day ended, we headed back to the hotel and rested up for the trip back home.
Do you have a favorite road trip that you want to share? or a memorable road trip? Please feel free to comment below and share your thoughts with us.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Discount Tire blogging program, making me eligible to receive a $50 gift card and be entered for a chance to win a prize valued at $1,000. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Here are 5 Tips For Editing and Creating Beautiful Digital Photo Projects:
1. Organized Your Digital Photos- Nowadays, we can take hundreds of pictures by using a digital camera. Your favorite pictures can get lost in the process. Therefore, creating folders & sub-folders and labeling each folder can reduced frustration in the long run.
2. Crop Digital Photos- You want your photo to look close to professional as possible. The crop tool would remove the outer parts of the photo or even an unwanted person in the photo and much more!
3. Capture Memories by Creating A Scrapbook or Collage- I gathered all of my son's photos from newborn to the age of 18. And made a collage for his "Open House" this past summer. I received so many compliments on that project.
4. Stay Informed- Don't be afraid to try or learn something new about photography. Photography has grown in leaps and bounds and continue to grow. Therefore, keeping yourself inform about the various editing software, tutorials, techniques, etc.. is crucial.
5. Online Digital Photo Printing Services- The online digital photo printing services enables you to select which photos you want to print, inform you of the quality of each photos, and you can even create gift & novelty products with the image right on them.
There is unlimited information online about editing & creating beautiful digital photos. Hopefully the tips that I provided would be beneficial to you.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Adobe blogging program, making me eligible to receive a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
ADOPTED ED is a simple, easy-to-read and understand children’s book with important underlying messages of personal empowerment and social pressures and acceptance.
It focuses on the life of Eddie, an adopted little boy, who is just like every other boy and girl. At school, when he is teased by bullies about being adopted, his mom offers words of wisdom, which ultimately gives him self-confidence to deal with the situation.
This book teaches us that being different is okay and in fact, should be celebrated (“I’m adopted, I’m special,” he proclaimed aloud. Then he said it again and grew very proud.”). This message could not be more applicable for children growing up in today’s environment where bullying – simply because of one’s hair color, race or size - has become a national epidemic. Adults, just like Eddie’s mom, also need to embrace their responsibility of educating children to help them understand the concepts of tolerance, patience and kindness. Instilling these principles begin at home, which will nurture a child’s self-confidence over time.
Thus, this book is for everybody - not just those who are adopted - as everybody is different in his or her own way.
ADOPTED ED is a substantial children’s book in that it cleverly conveys real messages in the reality of today’s world that is filled with social pressures. Yet, it is communicated in a straightforward, entertaining fashion that even a child can grasp. While the title suggests that ADOPTED ED is simply a story about an adopted boy named Ed, what it’s really about on a broader scale is one of education. Hence, ADOPTED ED-ucation.
ADOPTED ED concludes with a section of famous people who were adopted.
About the Author, Darren Maddern:
Born in England, Darren was adopted when he was only 10 days old by Don and Dolly Maddern, an American military couple. To this day, Darren still enjoys a close relationship with his British family. He also had an extremely close relationship with his adoptive parents, who always encouraged his journey through life.
Throughout his life Maddern has been asked about being adopted. Through candidly sharing his story, he’s helped many adoptees, parents of adopted children and parents considering adoption.
ADOPTED ED is dedicated to both his adopted and biological parents with a special dedication to his mom, Dolly Maddern who passed away in 2000 and his pops, Don Maddern who joined her in 2009. It's also dedicated to every adopted man, woman and child to remind them that they too are indeed – SPECIAL.
Friday, November 26, 2010
My family attended church services and dinner around noon on Thanksgiving Day. The plans to travel was canceled. Nevertheless, I was able to cooked our Thanksgiving dinner that included: Ham, Cornbread Dressing (stuffing) with turkey wings, Sweet Yams, Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese, Banana Pudding, and Sweet Potato Pies.
Overall, my family was pleased, thankful, and definitely full (with food).
Thursday, November 25, 2010
You finally found that perfect gift for your husband, the Ipad for your teen, and the cell phone for your adult child. However, you made it home and realized that you didn't purchased the batteries for that perfect gift! No need to worry because Rayovac to the rescue!
Rayovac has launched an exciting sweepstakes where 3 Lucky winners will win $1,000 cash from Rayovac. In addition, 20 First Place Prize winners will receive a Rayovac Jam kit including a Paper Jamz guitar, drum, amp and guitar strap as well as 2 packs of Rayovac Alkaline AAA 24 packs (prize package valued at $90).
1. You must “Like” Rayovac on Facebook: Facebook.com/Rayovac
2. Log on to Rayovac.com, complete the entry form and at their option, tell Rayovac in 120 words or less how you (or your mom) rocks the holidays.
Mom Spark is also giving away a $50 Visa Gift Card, Paper Jamz Guitar, and one pack of Rayovac Alkaline AAA 24 pack batteries to 5 winners! Visit Mom Spark to enter.
Momdot is also giving away a $250 Visa Gift Card & Rayovac Jam Packs (including one Paper Jamz guitar and one pack of Rayovac Alkaline AAA 24 pack batteries) retail value of approx $90. Visit Momdot to enter.
And...Mom Rocks the Holidays with Rayovac (link underlined words to http://www.facebook.com/Rayovac#!/Rayovac?v=app_102844599787096) contest tab on Facebook, like them and tell them how you or your mom makes the holidays rock for a chance to win the Grand Prize of $1,000 cash! There will be 3 Grand Prize winners and 20 Runner Up winners will take home a Paper Jamz guitar, amp, drum kit, guitar strap, and two Rayovac Alkaline AAA 24 packs of batteries.
Also, be sure to visit 3 Kids and Us mom blog where you can win 1 of 5 Mom Rocks the Holiday prize packs that include a $50 Visa Gift Card, Paper Jamz guitar and Rayovac Alkaline AAA 24 pack of batteries.
Disclosure – Followers who promote the Rayovac Mom Rocks the Holidays Sweepstakes may receive gifts from Rayovac.
DISCLOSURE: Followers who promote the Rayovac Mom Rocks the Holidays Sweepstakes may receive gifts from Rayovac.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I can do a lot with $15,000! Pay off bills, finish making over my kitchen, give to charity and my church, and much more! What can you do with $15,000?
Make all your holiday wishes come true! Enter for a chance to win $15,000* in this Holiday giveaway!! Just click here.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I would like to share this email from ValueRays Products via email. Check out their great deals today! Some of their products would definitely be handy for this coming Winter season.
ValueRays® USB Body Warmers NEWS!
Heated Mouse, Heated Mouse Pad, Heated Keyboard Pad, Mouse Hand Warmer
FREE USA Shipping & NO Sales Tax
- NEW Discount Program
The More You Buy - The More You Save
No Coupon Needed - Auto Calculated in Cart
1 item full price
2 items $5 off
3 items $6 off
4 items $7 off
5 items $8 off
6 items $9 off
7 or more items $10 off
- Holiday Special Offer
Additional $10 Off $100 Orders
No Coupon Needed - Auto Calculated in Cart
Shop early for best selection & guaranteed delivery for the Holidays!
If you read this far.... you deserve a discount coupon, too! Use BIZCARD during checkout for an extra 5% off your entire purchase!
Monday, November 22, 2010
- 1 prepared regular or whole-wheat pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1/2 jar(16 ounces) roasted red pepper alfredo sauce (such as Classico)
- 1 poundgrilled chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1-1/2 cupsshredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoonred pepper flakes (optional)
1. Heat oven to 450°F.
2. Place crust on large baking sheet or pizza pan; brush with oil. Spread the Alfredo sauce over crust. Top with chicken and green pepper. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and red pepper flakes.
3. Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until bubbly and crust has started to brown. Cool slightly before slicing into 6 pieces.
**received this recipe via email from Parenting.com**