The Holiday season is in full swing now. Black Friday and Cyber Monday has come and gone. Holiday gift shopping can stretch anyone budget thin, especially if you have not set money a side, for this specific purpose. Nevertheless, I'm not an expert in technology, however, I do know alot about it. And, I'd like to share these most helpful tips for holiday tech shopping with you all.
Five Most Helpful Tips For Holiday Tech Shopping:
1. Price-Match: Gather your sale ads and compare the information about the product in each sale ad. (i.e. size, features, colors, etc..). Search for the retailers "Price-Matching" policy, usually on the last page of their ad. To keep your business, some retailers would honor their competitor's ads.
2. Do Your Homework: Know exactly what you want and need in a gadget or a product (i.e. brand, model, etc.) and get an ideal price of the product. Some of the retailers are known to inflate prices. You need to know the difference between a "bargain price" & an inflated or listed price. Therefore, doing your homework can save you money as well as time.
3. Read Online Customers' Reviews: Before purchasing that big ticket item, read the reviews from previously customers (who already purchased the product). The online customers' reviews play a key role in influencing the (potential) customer's buying decision. Personally, reading the online customers' reviews has made a big impact on mine and my husband's buying decision on a specific product. I look for the customer's review tab, when I'm reviewing a product.
4. Use Coupons: Save money by using coupons that the retailers are offering shoppers. You can find coupons, coupon codes and holiday gift certificate codes on Facebook, Twitter, in your email inbox, in your Sunday's newspaper and in the stores.
5. Buy An Extended Warranty: If you're purchasing a big ticket item, purchase an extended warranty. Read the terms on the warranty and consider the length and coverage of any extended warranties. Please keep your receipts just in case you might have to return the product.
We might as well face the fact that technology has found its way to the top of our wish lists as well as our children wish lists. From Netbooks to iPhones & iPads and everything in between, technology has become a staple in our world. Following the above tips can help you make the most out of your tech purchases.
"I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”