Monday, November 29, 2010

My Favorite Road Trip: Family Reunion- 60th Year!

My family traveled to our 60th Family Reunion in Grenada, Mississippi this past August. We traveled from Grand Rapids, Michigan to Grenada, Mississippi - a 12 hour drive! We stopped every 2-3 hours to stretched, use restrooms, eat, and/or get gas. We always get excited when we crossed the bridge that connects Illinois and Missouri states! What a great experience.

On the way to our destination, my teens listened to their music or watch a movie on their portable dvd player. My husband and I would converse back and forth about the weather, the current location we're traveling through, or life in general. We also decided to count the states did we traveled through. We counted 7 states altogether! Amazing!!

After my family arrived to Grenada, MS. We unpacked, visited other family members, who was already there and then we rested up for a while. Once we rested, my sisters and I went shopping while my husband and teens, along with other family members, went to the pool to swim.

Here's the list of activities that we participated in at the family reunion:


Friday night- We had a baseball game and picnic at the park. We really enjoyed ourselves!

Saturday- We had a fish fry and more shopping

Sunday- Our family reunion grand finale!!!During the Sunday dinner at the park, to our amazement, one of my cousin's flew his helicopter over the park where we was at and landed in the ball field next to us. Most of us walked over to where my cousin landed and took pictures. We never had this happen before in the 60 years of the family reunion.

After the fun-filled day ended, we headed back to the hotel and rested up for the trip back home.

Do you have a favorite road trip that you want to share? or a memorable road trip? Please feel free to comment below and share your thoughts with us.


“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Discount Tire blogging program, making me eligible to receive a $50 gift card and be entered for a chance to win a prize valued at $1,000. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment