Now through November 15th, Eggland’s Best will be turning their distinctive red “EB” stamp into a pink “EB” alongside a Susan G. Komen for the Cure running ribbon logo. Eggland’s Best will also be pledging $50,000 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, which will help expand the foundation’s mission to discover and deliver the cure for breast cancer across the globe.
Eggland's Best/Susan G. Komen Factoids:
- Consumers can do their part to help find a cure for breast cancer by supporting products that contribute to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation. For example, Eggland’s Best will be donating $50,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and, now through November 15th, Eggland’s Best eggs is turning their distinctive red “EB” stamp into a pink “EB” alongside a Susan G. Komen for the Cure running ribbon.
- In the past year, with the help of companies including Eggland’s Best, Susan G. Komen for the Cure has been able to invest an additional $75 million in research, as well as provide more than 600,000 women with free screenings and over 100,000 with treatment assistance
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the US, other than skin cancer and second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer
- Right now there are more than 2½ million breast cancer survivors in the United States
- Although you can’t control your family history, a healthy lifestyle is one of the best defenses against breast cancer
- Exercise may help reduce breast cancer risk. Research suggests four or more hours of exercise weekly may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, such as breast cancer – that’s just 35 minutes a day
- When trimming calories, it’s important to make sure you don’t skimp on good nutrition. For only 70 calories, Eggland's Best eggs supply a perfect portion of complete protein, while providing two times more Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as 10 times more Vitamin E compared to ordinary eggs.
The 2011 Komen campaign message is "Less Talk. More Action." with the goal of encouraging women to take their health into their own hands and get screened.
Here's what you can do to help take action:
- Download the Komen Facts for Life - Healthy Living fact sheet and the EB For Your Best Health fact sheet for more information on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Enter our Eggland’s Best Pink Dozen Recipe Contest! Create a delicious, healthy recipe with EB Pink Dozen eggs for a chance to win great prizes. Click here for more information.
- Participate in our “Less Talk. More Action.” photo contest on Facebook. Throughout the month of October, we will be inviting people to post photos of how they are taking action to support Eggland’s Best & Komen. Each week we will select a photo to win an EB prize pack. Full details on this contest can be found here.
- Join us for the Eggland’s Best/Susan G. Komen Twitter party being held on October 19, 2011.
Thanks to Eggland's Best, One (1) of Naddez's Tidbyts readers will win an Eggland's Best Prize Pack that includes an eco bag, plush egg, spatula and an Eggland's Best coupon.
Required entry: Please follow my blog, publicly AND visit Eggland's Best Website and comment on your favorite recipe from their website. (please leave email address)
Extra Entries (optional):
1. "Like" Eggland's Best Facebook page - 1 entry, leave Fb name
2. Follow Eggland's Best on Twitter- 1 entry, leave username
4. Follow @Naddez on Twitter & tweet the following: Eggland's Best Goes "Pink" to Fight Breast Cancer. #Win Their Prize Pack! http://bit.ly/n45dFF @Naddez - 1 entry (daily/please leave url of tweet) Tweet
5. Subscribed to my email and/or feed- 2 entries each.
6. Vote for my blog on Picket Fence - 2 entries per day.
7. Link this giveaway to any other giveaway website. (please leave location of site) - 3 entries
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. This giveaway will close on, October 15, 2011 at 11:59 pm, EST.
"Disclosure: The coupons, prize pack, information, and giveaway have been provided by Eggland's Best."