- Start the Day Right—Eating breakfast lays a good foundation for the day. A nutritious breakfast should contain whole grain, low-fat dairy, lean protein such as egg whites or peanut butter and a serving of fruit. Chex cereals offer at least 8 grams of whole grain in every serving and pair perfectly with fruit such as bananas and blueberries, not to mention milk.
- Stock Up—Keep the kitchen stocked with delicious options that are naturally gluten free, such as fruits, vegetables, cheese, and most yogurts.
- Simple Snacking— Nutrient-rich snacks can be part of a complete and healthy diet while helping to keep cravings at bay. Keep single servings of raw or dry-roasted nuts and crunchy cereal, such as Chex gluten free cereals, in your bag for an on-the-go option.
- Keep a Food Journal—Glassman recommends keeping a food journal to track meals and snacks throughout the day to ensure you’re meeting your daily nutritional needs, including recommended servings of grains, fruits, vegetables and protein. Jot down what works well and what doesn’t so you have a point of reference.
- Recipe Round-Up—Mix up your mealtime by testing delicious gluten free recipes the whole family will appreciate. An array of gluten free recipes are available at www.Chex.com/glutenfree and www.LiveGlutenFreely.com.
Try All 5 delicious gluten free Chex® varieties:
- Honey Nut Chex – Sweetened with a bit of honey, flavored with a touch of almond and ta-da! Breakfast is served—sans gluten.
- Chocolate Chex – Chocolate lovers, fix your eyes—and taste buds—on a bowl of morning merriment, complete with delicious cocoa.
- Cinnamon Chex – A perfect balance of real cinnamon gives gluten free-seeking early birds another reason to celebrate.
- Rice Chex – Lightly oven toasted with an enthusiastic crunch, Rice Chex is simply delicious on its own or dressed up with berries or sliced bananas for a wholesome breakfast pick.
- Corn Chex – Offers a wholesome crunch at the breakfast table and plays nice with a variety of flavors, working well in many gluten free recipes.
Nutrition profile of 5 gluten free Chex® cereals:
- 100–130 calories per serving
- 0g–2.5g of fat per serving
- 2g–9g of sugar per serving
- 12 essential vitamins & minerals
- A good source of calcium and vitamin D
- At least 8g of whole grains per serving*
*At least 48g recommended daily