The Hershey Company invites you to host a new kind of gathering. Spend time with family and friends by hosting an horneando juntas, a fun and delicious cookie exchange.
Cookie exchanges are a longstanding tradition in the United States where the host and each of their guests bake and bring a batch of cookies, and then get together to trade and try each kind. Learn your closest friends’ family recipes from back home and introduce them to new ones!
Not sure what to make for your intercambio de galletas? Try some of the great recipes from La Cocina de HERSHEY’S® including:
- Florecitas de Chocolate KISSES®, delicious cookies topped with HERSHEY’S® KISSES® Chocolate
- Bolitas Mágicas KISSES®, delicious cookies rolled in powdered sugar
- Polvorones de Limón y Coco, for those who prefer lemon and coconut fruit flavors
- Galletas de Chocolate HERSHEY’S® y Menta, for a hint of mint
- Galletas de azúcar, a classic recipe
- Cuernitos de HERSHEY’S® HUGS & KISSES®
Before you start creating delicious memories with your loved ones, the experts at La Cocina de HERSHEY’S® have a few tips for your horneando juntas:
- Invite guests at least two weeks in advance, giving them time to RSVP and provide the recipe they plan to make.
- Encourage guests to bake with their immediate family and bring traditional cookies from back home; perhaps suggest that they bake with ingredients such as coconut, guayaba, dulce de leche, among other traditional Latin flavors.
- Inform your guests of the total number of people attending and ask them to bring at least a half of a dozen cookies per guest, with which they will exchange their batch.
- Encourage them to arrive with an empty, sealable container to take home other guests’ cookies, but make sure to have extra just in case, because tasting your friends’ sweet treats and bringing them home is what an horneando juntas is all about!
- Consider hosting an horneando juntas on a Saturday morning and invite your guests to bring their children - they will enjoy the cookies as much as you will!
- Don’t forget to play festive music!
- Be sure to offer a hot seasonal beverage, such as hot chocolate or ponche de frutas. You may also want to have coffee, tea, milk or juice.
- Everyone loves a goody bag! To complement the array of cookies at your horneando juntas, ask that your guests provide their recipes in advance so that you may create recipe books to provide to your guests in commemoration of your party.
Lastly, visit http://bit.ly/vJR0Em to take advantage of a printable coupon – save $1.00 off when you buy two (2) HERSHEY’S® KISSES® bags (7.5 oz or larger).
Disclosure: The recipes & information was provided by The Hershey Company through MyBlogSpark.